Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Opening post: An Introduction

Hello and welcome, to the latest voice in the blogosphere.


Guess I'll have to give this back!


So, a bit about what I'm doing here.

I've been a wargamer (hobbyist, gamer,) for pretty much my whole life (80.6% of it, in fact). I've dabbled in tournaments (and won a few of the small ones), participated in the club scene (especially with the WPS, back in the day) and have always enjoyed the hobby. I enjoy campaigns, "competitive" games (aren't they all competitive? Who plays to lose?), themed games, pick up's, big, small, new, old and everything in between. Oh, and more recently, I've enjoyed the growing on-line community.

The inspiration for this blog is a bit of all of the above. I'm a big believer in the hobby being all-inclusive, I think it's one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) aspects of it all. Hence the name of this blog- All Areas.

Instead of trying to further define this blog (which will turn out a bit rambling and peculiar), here's a bit of what to expect in the next few months:


  • Scenery, and how I use it.
  • Campaigns
  • Tinboyz and painting
  • Your opponent, and how important they are
  • A few army lists and breakdowns
  • A discussion of "counts as"
  • A regular series, chronicling my favourite articles from around the web

Thanks for reading,

Tenzing

No comments:

Post a Comment